Saturday, December 8, 2012

No audio from Thunderbolt to HDMI

I recently bought a Belkin mini DisplayPort Thunderbolt-to-HDMI cable so I could watch videos played on a MacBook Air on my TV. Unfortunately, while video played on the TV, there was no audio. Video played, but there was no sound.



To get audio, I followed the instructions on this page: http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/5kqkc-no-sound-youtube-sound-everything-else-i-e.html.

The instructions from the wise Mac Druid were to delete the Macromedia folder: ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia

Open up the Terminal app and type these two commands:

cd ~/Library/Preferences
rm -rf Macromedia/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're still posting, though it's been a while since you've posted anything new. I appreciate your fix for the "Final Show Markup" issue. I'll visit your site often to check for new posts. Thank you for everything!